Tails That Teach is the proud founder of National Rescue Dog Day. Every year, on May 20, National Rescue Dog Day will bring awareness to the thousands of rescue dogs awaiting their forever homes in shelters around the country and will recognize the benefits of allowing an unconditional and deserving canine to adopt you into their life! Some great ways to get involved on this day and every day....
- ADOPT: If there is room in your life for a dog, consider adoption and giving one a forever home.
- FOSTER: Many dogs abandoned to shelters benefit from socialization, or would just thrive better away from the shelter environment. Others may be in need of some medical care or rehabilitation in a home setting before an adoption can take place.
- DONATE: Shelters always need donations. In addition to financial donations, shelters have a list of much needed items such as blankets, toys, treats, and leashes.
- VOLUNTEER: Help out at your local shelter. Taking dogs for walks, grooming, and giving them plenty of affection improves their socialization.
- SPAY/NEUTER: Be responsible for your pets. Overpopulation is the number one reason shelters exist.